Monday, August 9, 2010

Delicious & Healthy 'Burgers

So, I'm a big burger girl. I don't really like red meat a lot UNLESS it's in a burger. But I can't eat red meat all the time.

As an alternative, we've all had the turkey or chicken burgers. BUT...I took it to the next level this evening. I made a sweet & spicy turkey burger.

Serves 4

1 package 98% fat free ground turkey
1 small can roasted diced green chilis
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup cilantro
4 whole wheat buns

Put chilis, pineapple & cilantro into processor. Pulse to break up pineapple & then blend for 5 seconds.

Put turkey into large mixing bowl & add chili mixture to ground turkey. Knead into meat, but be careful NOT to over-knead. Mixture will be wet, but you need this as turkey dries out.

Form patties. Salt & pepper top side. This S&P'd side should go down first. Then add S&P on the other side once on the gril. Cook on each side for 4-5 mins on grill.

I used Heinz57 as my condiment but you could use a chipotle-lite mayo, mustard or BBQ sauce.

I also made my spiced sweet potato fries as a side. Which is just 1 sweet potato cut into fries. Put into a bowl and then dust with your favorite spices. (I use chili powder, cumin, onion POWDER, garlic POWDER, paprika & ground mustard.) Bake 30-45 mins @ 400 & then turn the broiler on to fully crisp-up the fries.

ENJOY YA'LL!

No comments:

Post a Comment