Thursday, June 3, 2010

Emotional Food

Hello ladies! Long time, no blog. I just got back from Rio where I spent the last few days at Tim's grandfather's funeral. It was a tough few days, but more than anything I felt like my life was put on hold. I know that sounds a bit selfish, but I just realized how easy it is for life to get in the way.

When we were at the hospital last weekend, there were no healthy options. Hospitals push simple quick food. They are like McDonald's with less flavor. Throughout all of the chaos of the week, I realized a few things: 1) I can make quick healthy food and 2) I can make healthy choices when I am out eating.

One other thing I realized is that we are trained that food and emotions are interconnected. To show sympathy, people brought food. Generally you do not have time to cook when you are grieving, so it is welcoming. Yet all the food is quite fattening. Not a single person brought fruit to the visitation or funeral. I had "Tater-Tot Casserole". Who knew that even existed?

I have some to realize that food makes people feel better and the fattier the better. I am not alone in the world when I turn to face a sandwich and smile. Just because I am not alone, does not mean I am going to let this keep going. I am going to put these past few days behind me and just take a step forward. If there is anything that this has taught me, is that my body is on loan to me, and well I want it to look damn good. So good night for now ladies. MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment