Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Trip to NYC...

I haven't been on to blog for Celery in awhile...but I've been neglecting my own blog more, so I don't feel TOO awful about it.

Last week, I took a 2 1/2 day trip to NYC with my friend, Chip. We threw together our travel plans in 4 days, but I found the spontaneity of it enjoyable and youthful. My biggest fear while in NYC was the food. As we all know, NYC restaurants are some of the best in the world; however, Chip was on his own diet and didn't want to really indulge.

Still, we grabbed a late dinner at an Irish pub after seeing Promises, Promises Tuesday night, which consisted of an overly salty Rueben & fries. And Chip granted me my wish of finally visiting Peanut Butter & Co. in Greenwich Village...with the most delicious PB sandwich I have every had. Also, our last meal in NYC was at the Olive Garden in Times Square. So, when this past Monday hit, I was a little nervous.

What I saw during my weigh-in was even more surprising...I had lost 2 lbs.

I am thinking that all the walking we did each day paired with the healthy snack choices we made each day (nectarines & veggies at the deli up the street), really saved me. I found walking in NYC a lot different than in CHI. I enjoyed it. And we did A LOT of it...at least 5 miles a day.

Glad to see that I had lost something. And with the good feelings from the weigh-in, I ordered a new pair of walking shoes (Reebok Easy Tones) and 2 new pairs of running shoes (Nike LunarGlide & Nike FreeRun). I also ordered some yoga classes for a local studio & am starting tomorrow with my 1st "Intro to Yoga" class.

I'll be up in the *gym* (really yoga studio or outside) working on my fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment