Monday, June 14, 2010

A GOOD Week

So it's been awhile since I've blogged. Sorry. I just haven't felt the need to say anything. That, and I've been spending a lot of time at the pool. =)

So we weighed in for the 3rd time today and after gaining back everything I lost plus some last week, I took it all back off plus some losing 5.2 lbs. I was really happy that I got the result I did because I really worked hard and stuck to my diet. I didn't starve myself, and I consciously made decisions not to eat junk food or fast food when I wanted to. I kept telling myself NO. This was really unusual to me because this was the week before my monthly mother nature visit and I'm usually ravenous in this week and eat everything I can get my hands on. So I guess I controlled my cravings with eating right and working out. A welcomed surprise since I always hated how I felt after gorging myself!!

So the challenge this week is to stay on track and continue eating right and working out. However, I have basketball camp that I run this week during the time when I was going to different classes last week, so we'll see if I can motivate myself to do some of the work myself at other times. Also, mother nature will be visiting this week, so let's hope she is kind to me and the weight loss!

Side note: I made two more really good recipes this past week. Vegetable fried rice and linguine with fresh tomatoes. Both were absolutely delicious and low cal! I love this cookbook and think it was an excellent investment!! If you ever come across the Taste of Home cookbook called Everyday Light Meals, I highly recommend it!!

Here's to another good week!!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment