Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Attempting to Jump the Hurdle....

So, as I stated yesterday, tonight was my weekly "taco night". As many of my friends are well aware this is a weekly co-worker get together at a local bar to relax mid week and "bitch" about our week/day. It is a great outlet to just let things go! However, besides conversation of course we are faced with the menu- drinks and food. As the school year ends this was our last official meeting while some of our group travels to Colorado and others are busy with summer activities.

I went into tonights dinner telling myself, YES! I CAN RESIST TEMPTATION. I will jump that hurdle of margaritas and bowls of chips!!! Well, needless to say I lasted approximately 10 minutes. As the chips stared me down and I was super hungry since I had had nothing to eat since 1130 AM I decided to take a couple. Unfortunately, I did not stop at 2, but I also did not over indulge like I find myself doing way too often, especially with Mexican food. I also chose to have 2 margaritas on top of the chips and chicken fajitas.

I didn't make all the wrong choices, but definitely could have done better. Tomorrow is our park day where I will be playing games of kickball, basketball, frisbee, and maybe even take a couple rounds of racing some students in an inflatable obstacle course. That workout will hopefully make up for todays hurdle that was missed by a few inches. Then after "playing" all day I WILL go to the gym and sweat some more.

Better day tomorrow- Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment