Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Seduction of Temptation...

Well after telling myself over and over how I wouldn't give into the temptation at lunch and succeeding, I eventually was seduced by all of the wonderful foods at the American Idol party I went to last night. I decided to just start with a small piece of cake (as I had been craving it after seeing so many cakes all week) and some popcorn as I figured that was the best choice. Then I got offered a beverage and decided what the hell and went for the tall boy beer. After finishing my first plate, I couldn't resist the salsa con queso dip and chips and loaded up on those. I felt guilty after eating it all, and felt the need to confess to 2 of my good friends. They were supportive and decided to confess in their own failings. None of us did terribly bad and we all agreed that we needed to forget it in the morning and pick right back off where we left off and get back on track. So this morning, I drug myself out of bed and did Jillian's killer 20 min workout and planned my meals for the day. I am also going to force myself to have a really good workout at the gym today no matter how much I don't want to be there.

As for all the goodies once again in the lounge today for yet another birthday...that would be 5 this week....I am not even going to look twice at them as I know I can stay away!! This is one temptation I cannot be seduced by!

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment