Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Heat Wave

So as I entered my classroom this morning at 7:30 I entered an extremely hot room reading at approximately 84.5 degrees. Yikes, that's a hot morning! Of course once you insert 25 students that are already "out of school" mode, the heat seems to just increase. The day went better than expected, besides the fact that hovers over me- " I have to go to the gym after school". This thought was something I didn't want to focus on. After all, I am already sweating buckets of sweat, my feet are swollen, and the fact of peeling my clothes off to change was exhausting just thinking about it. As I left work around 4 the temp read 94 degrees- great motivation to sweat some more? Not so much.

However, after cooling off for about 10 minutes in my a/c I took the heat plunge and walked to the gym. Luckily today, their a/c was working so I only filled one half bucket of sweat. BTW yesterday, there was no a/c and I could have filled a swimming pool! After a decent workout, I walked back home and finally cooled off for the first time since 7 :30 this morning.

Tomorrow's challenge: Weekly "taco night" with co- workers usually filled with lots of beer and margaritas. I'll pass on the chimichanga I went for last week and pledge to make a much better choice! Hmm... maybe fajitas?!?!

P.S. I would love the recipe for the BLT salad.. sounds delish!~

Keep it up,

Bri


1 comment:

  1. Here is the recipe...

    2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
    6 cups torn romaine (1 bag)
    1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
    1 medium tomato, diced
    4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
    1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
    1/4 cup water
    1 tablespoon barbeque sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon pepper

    Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the pasta, romaine, chicken, tomato, and bacon.

    In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, water, barbeque sauce, vinegar, and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately. Yields 11 servings.

    I doubled the servings for one which still gave me a very satisfying meal under 300 calories.

    Nutrition Facts: one serving (1 cup) equals:
    134 calories
    5g fat
    21mg cholesterol
    125mg sodium
    14g carbohydrate
    1g fiber
    9g protein

    ReplyDelete