Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Curse of the Reeses PB Cup Cookie

So today didn't start out as well as I had planned. I set my alarm to wake up to do my 20 min workout, but I was soooo exhausted because this damn bird was chirping outside my window at 4:30 am. When my alarm finally went off at 5:30, I reset it so I could sleep longer, so no workout this morning.

Then there was another freaking birthday at work which meant more birthday goodies in the lounge. And right in front of my seat was a large bowl of BBQ chips, which I love. So I made one of the other teachers move them so I wouldn't eat any. Then sitting next to me was the most wonderful smelling treat I had smelled in days. It was this moist, soft looking peanut butter cookie with a Reeses peanut butter cup inside. I toyed with the idea of eating just one. But then I kept arguing that it never stops at just one. After going back and forth in my head for what seemed like hours, I eventually left the lounge without eating a single one!! If that's not a success, then I don't know what is!

While I made it to the gym after work, I really struggled with getting there. I wished I had another Zumba class to go to. After working out, I felt good that I had done it. I then came home and made a really great meal. I used a new recipe from my new cookbook and it was awesome. Bowtie pasta BLT salad. I mean who doesn't like Bacon!! And you get a big portion for very few calories which is always a plus!!

On a side note, I did something today that I had been wanting to do for years. I built up enough guts and I finally told a special someone how I really felt. Looking forward to tomorrow and will attempt waking up early to get in my 20 minute workout.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment