Monday, May 24, 2010

"Big Boned"

I have survived day one of our weight loss challenge. Not so bad.. as I think to myself. But as past experiences haunt me, I know how easily I can get sidetracked and discouraged. As a late 20 year old I have fought with my weight for as long as I can remember. Even as a grade schooler I jumped from the largest of girls to young misses. There was no in between stage or any memorable time when I was at an ideal weight. Unfortunately weight issues are a big struggle in my family as well. We are "big boned" as the term is thrown around like an acceptable reason for our food behaviors. Yes, we do have "big bones"-my family is strong- emotionally and mentally. But I am determined to show that I can have "big bones" by being healthy and strong in my daily lifestyle . Maybe my determination will influence my loved ones back home!

As I give myself the daily pep talk to go to the gym and make better food choices, I am constantly reminded of the health issues I could very soon have if my life does not change quickly. With a family history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol why wouldn't I want to take these steps to lower my chances?

The challenge, that I have now survived one day of, is exactly what I needed t0 stop making excuses, take care of myself, and prove my strength and dedication towards a healthier life.

Girls: ALL HANDS IN for weight loss success!

~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment